Your Ad Here

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Writing Software Can Be...

So the day has started off like this:

  • I wake up - And its almost 9:00am!
  • I go down stairs with not much to do - I lost my job last week!
  • I receive a phone call - from a guy I've only ever spoken too no more than 5 times!
  • I end up spending the day hacking some PHP for his website - getting paid at the same time!
Now what a day. I have gone from absolutely nothing "constructive" to do, to happily hacking away at code.

So back to the title: Writing software can be...
  • Surprising
  • Surprisingly fun
  • Unexpected
  • Completely satisfying
Obviously, the list can go backwards as well. It can be boring as hell. It can be messy. It can be disgusting. And this list too can go on and on.

But today, it was the first list that has caught me.

Does anyone else like these unexpected surprises?

1 comment: